I was so excited to try this in exchange for a product review!
This come in a 1/2-lb. brick of Pure Organic Unrefined Raw Shea Butter from Beauty Be Shea. First they filter in in Ghana, then at their US Lab where they package it and send it straight to Amazon.com. Nothing else is added to the Shea butter in this process, so it stays pure.
Naturally rich in essential vitamins for beautiful skin, Beauty By Shea Organic Shea Butter will nourish your skin with Vitamins A, E, F & K. Use this Beauty By Shea Organic Raw Shea Butter daily and often for beautiful, moisturized, luminous skin.
Raw Organic Unrefined Shea Butter is perfect for topical use on skin and hair, and the perfect essential ingredient for homemade lotions, soaps, conditioners and more!
Now, this isn’t generally something you’ll want to pull right out of the package and rub onto your body (though you CAN!). It’s best if you take some time and turn it into something even more amazing! I’ve compiled a couple of my favorite recipes here for you:
I rate this product 10/10 because it’s so easy to use, and a great value for the money! 😀
If you want to buy it on Amazon, click here! It’s only $19.00 for a 1-pound block!
Homemade Coconut Shea Butter Lotion: for dry sky and eczema
-4.5 ounces organic, raw, unrefined shea butter
-1/4 cup raw, organic coconut oil
-3 tablespoons jojoba oil
-1 tablespoon calendula oil
-3/4 teaspoon eucalyptus oil*
1. Mix ingredients in bowl, initially by hand, then with electric mixer.
2. Fill small glass jars and use within 2 months.
3. Final product can be stored at room temperature during use, as it has great self life! Store remaining unused shea butter in the refrigerator, or you could also store leftover lotion in the fridge if you won’t be using it right away (it will keep for months in the fridge). This stuff is resilient and you’re good either way, no matter where you keep it.
Cocoa and Shea Body Butter for Dry Skin and Eczema
-2.5 ounces Raw organic cocoa butter
-3.5 ounces Raw organic unrefined shea butter
-3 tablespoons organic apricot oil
-1 teaspoon teaspoon vanilla extract (optional, adds scent)
-1/2 teaspoon vegetable glycerine
1. Weigh out the butters.
2. Shave the cocoa butter and add it to a glass Pyrex submerged in water and bring the water to a boil. This will melt the cocoa butter while keeping it raw. This step is optional, you could also just shave it and add it to the food processor. The heat from blending will melt it pretty well.
3. Add the shea butter to food processor, pulse few times to loosen up and warm the butter – it will become very smooth.
4. Slowly drizzle in the coco butter, apricot oil vanilla, and vegetable glycerin.
5. Blend until velvety and creamy.
6. Transfer lotion mixture to glass jars. The lotion will be soft and will harden as it cools. It will last for MONTHS at room temp. Yields about 12 ounces.